About UX+ University
At UX+ University, we empower anyone, regardless of background, to become User Experience professionals in 16 weeks at no upfront cost.
In the 16-week program, we not only teach our students the tools, methodologies, and principles of UX Design but also equip them with the knowledge and skills required to start a fulfilling UX Design career. To achieve this, we conduct live online classes and spearhead hands-on projects, one-on-one mentorship sessions, design reviews, guest lectures, and networking opportunities.
As a Marketing & Graphic Design Intern, you'll be responsible for conceptualizing and executing ideas on promoting UX+ University on social media. This includes working with the Chief of Staff in designing promotional materials and writing the copy that comes with them.
Who You Are
- An ingenious, execution-driven marketer — You think outside the box, instead of going for conventional ways of doing things. You're adept at coming up with creative ways of promoting a product or service. On top of that, you efficiently execute the ideas you've come up with and see a project all the way through.
- A wordsmith — You have excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills. Finding the appropriate words to say comes naturally to you and your writing is free from grammatical errors. You also grab the attention of a target audience by clearly and concisely communicating your ideas.
- A skilled graphic designer — You have a knack for crafting eye-catching graphics. You're highly knowledgeable with using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and possess a profound understanding of design principles, typography, color, and layout.
- A self-starter — You undertake projects on your own initiative without being encouraged to do so. You take ownership of your work and assume full responsibility for project outcomes, good or bad.
What You'll Do
- Come up with creative ideas on promoting UX+ University on social media and execute these ideas from start to finish.
- Write clear and compelling copy for various mediums, such as blog posts and online promotional materials.
- Design promotional materials, which will be shared on platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- We're on a mission to empower anyone to solve important problems through good design, by teaching them UX principles.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule.
- You'll have lots of flexibility in your role.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation
- 100% remote
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Company outing (if COVID permits)
- Continued education coverage
- Equipment allowance
- A team that works hard, has fun, and loves a challenge
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.